As a blogger, I have always try to find what is the best monetization program available for me to earn money online with my blog. I know, we have tons of choices but in this article, I am going to explain to you everything you need to know about the best monetization program that will make earn you some money at least.

How to make money from blogging?

What is blog or website monetization?

Before we start knowing what program best fit for blog monetization, I decided to go back to basics. What is blog monetization? In simple words, monetization is an action where one can actually make money out of his or her blog site. If you are going deep into blogging business, monetization is one of the most important factor in order for you to finance your passion such as paying for hosting and domain rental. If you are using a free hosting site such as blogger, then you may well consider that as a side income generator! Without much waiting, let's head over to the count down for the top monetization programs available for bloggers.

Advertisement based earning programs

Google Adsense
Google Adsense is one of the best monetization program ever. There is no other program that pays more than Google Adsense...hands down. I personally have been with Adsense for close to 4 years now and all you got to do is to select the right code for the advertisement to show. As Google Adsense works with Pay Per Click (PPC), you will only earn your hard earn advertising income whenever there is a click on the advertisement. The revenue gain per click ranged from USD $0.01 to USD $1.50 (the highest I got).

Nuffnang
For those living in Asia, Nuffnang is one of the best alternative to Google Adsense. How Nuffnang works is very similiar to Adsense.

Wait! What do you mean mean with 'very similiar'? Does this means that Nuffnang has something advanatages under the sleeve??! 

Oh yes you are right! Nuffnang offers its members a chance of mCPM or is also know as CPI. What this two alien terms means could actually boost your income by quite a bit. In short, mCPM and CPI means earning advertisement revenue with impression based and not click based. I know I got your head turning now and yes, (if you are lucky), you will earn money with just page impressions. Some also calls this as Buffered Earnings or Metered Earnings.


In-text advertising programs

Infolinks
I love Infolinks since day one. It could probably be the lovely blue colour. Okay back to topic and enough of dreaming. I always consider Infolinks as one of the best In-text advertising programs available when it comes to monetizing a site. How in-text advertising works is easy. Specific words on articles are selected as keywords and are 'coloured' like this: Keyword. If you move your cursor to the keyword, a small pop up will appear illustrating an advertisement. Pretty cool huh? So, you get a small bit of revenue for every click you get on the advertisement. From my experience with Infolinks, I usually get about USD $0.01 to $0.10 per click.

Kontera
Kontera is a close competitor to Infolinks and it really does look very professional honestly speaking. How Kontera works is absolutely the same with Infolinks and the only difference between them could be the different software they are using. Alike Infolinks, Kontera keywords are in green colour and does seem more professional compared to Infolinks. Nonetheless, Kontera is definitely great but for some reason, my earnings at Kontera could never beat the one at Infolinks no matter how hard I try. Another reason for me to avoid Kontera is Nuffnang are not really that in-line with Kontera. For those Nuffnang Glitterati members, you may lose your Glitterati status if you run it with Kontera.

Mobile Advertising - new comer on the block

Okay, before you ask me "What the hell is this?", let me explain to you something about mobile advertising. Nowadays (thanks to technology), we surf webs using our smartphones or tablets. Gone were the days we uses computers and laptops even though some of us still do it. What mobile advertising does is whenever you uses these gadgets to check on the web, you will be shown a specific mobile advertising advertisement. And yes, if you view it via computer or laptop, you will not see the advertisement. Easy to understand?

TapIt!
I didn't search for mobile advertising nor used Google to find how to monetize my site. However, I was contacted by the sales team of this company and after several discussions, I decided to give it a try. For users, you are guaranteed a 100% fill rate for all available advertisement spots and for every click you get, you get paid. Pretty straight forward and easy. I am not able to comment much on this yet as I have just installed the code on my page. For users out of United States, you might not be able to view the advertisement for now. After checking with the technical team, they are still 'in the midst' on entering out of US market. So if you have many readers from overseas, give this a try and I will also write something about TapIt once I have enough collected enough information on this.

About the writer: I am an avid blogger and close to a full time online writer. I been writing for many years and The Big Fat Reality is one of my upcoming blogs. I am also sharing all my tips and guides on blogging and my latest writing on blogsphere is Important Things To Know About Blogging Industry.